WE ALL HATE COPY CAT'S

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by virajith, Apr 23, 2013.

1. virajith Active Member

Message Count:
    so recently i was searching livewallpapers and found some of them who use LWC 2.0 or LWC 2.1 have been copying lot of others contents which is totally unfair and really bad

Just i want to say that ,all came this way as we all think there is hope in this area
    also some people like me work so hard to make his or her own items,artworks even with lot of restrictions in lwc2.1

It is very easy with LWC 2.1 and will be even more easier with lwc 3.0 so why do some of u people copy??? ...i dont understand...:(

Also ...i want to say some things openly and truly that even i made some wallpapers which looked like others .. i made them all unknowinglyyyyyyyy ....also later i removed my overlapped contents or updated my backgrounds ( Even my friend lost his google account cuz of overlapped background)

I urge LWC creators to take some strong measures for Obfuscation f codes & ITEMS which we use in our livewallpaper also some strict measures so that others wont copy .

Also i dont hate others...just that overlapping unknowingly is different compared to copy .
    also one can judge easily which is a copy . (i saw lot of copied wallapaper both in google market and offline so try not to copy from now on.)

Else it will be a mess for everyone

So please dont copy others concepts ,items and works....and don't spam the copied livewallpaper in all markets ...just try to make with your own ideas
  2. virajith Active Member

Message Count:
    if it just happen that... u think it overlapped unknowingly just post it here in the forum...and discuss with the overlapped app owner privately to solve your issues

also hey copy is equal to piracy so stop that ....lets all help each other and move forward :)
  3. Linda New Guy

Message Count:
    I don't approve of plagiarism either, in this case, direct copying (tracing? replicating?) of another wallpaper image and items. I actually have yet to see two identical wallpapers from two different publishers; would you have any example? Although, if someone unknowingly and coincidentally made a wallpaper that looks very similar to someone else's, chances are the concept or visuals could be more original.

Currently we are limited with the idea that an object or group of objects move across the screen in a straight line in a set speed and direction. We are also restricted with state changes from a tap gesture (as opposed to swiping or shaking). It's inevitable that people would think of the same types of animation knowing our restrictions (e.g. clouds moving, bubbles floating). The challenge is to reinterpret or add something to that idea to make it more unique to you.

There are millions of apps so it's important to have some kind of differentiator. Sometimes I also search the market before I create a wallpaper to see if someone has created anything like what I had thought of, and find a different take on it if so. There may be dozens of floating cloud wallpapers on the market and that's no reason you can't make one either as long as you're able to expand on that simple idea (e.g. clouds that you painted yourself in an Impressionist style, or puppy wearing an angel costume sitting on a cloud.. or something).

I think the release of 3.0 will definitely allow for more creative freedom, and people may develop more unique wallpapers that will reduce this "overlap" thing. Just look at the world around us and observe the way things move and change overtime. : D

If you find that someone really copied i.e. took the same apk containing the exact same background image that you created from scratch, I'm guessing there should be some way to report that or at least contact the publisher.
    Maximus and virajith like this.
  4. virajith Active Member

Message Count:

@Linda i totally agree with u...:D , btw there is a saying that " wise people think alike."

U know what i even asked VAS the same question regarding lwc 3 before buying Lwc 2.1 (i.e; lwc 3 can make my self differentiate also most people use existing free google images so ..in using my own art for genuine works)
    ya...even i made clouds ,bubbles lwps on my own....i didnt even see others wallpaper. So made my own items from scratch
    I always make whats in my mind so my items never ever overlap...may be background in rear cases

they used my items directly (same exact items) also most people including me are dbz and other anime fans ..so lot of overlaps in backgrouds,naming of apps ( even we all keep similar name lol )

yep ...for now i have no problem cuz unknowingly some of my apps got overlapped may be 4-5 in total ..and allgot terminated with earned money ...(account terminated due to overlap in background not items) so its like paying for my mistakes

Also when i started in other markets then i realised that others are copying my items...anyone will feel irritated na?
    i can point out nearly 10-12 developer using same lwc2.1 and other google market copycats too ...whozzz account holdings are still good
    (everything on internet is visible ..one or the other day all will see ..definitely me)

Really ...hell of a market
    for example see "eight soft" developer in android market....lol u will laugh for sure
    He got more then 10million downloads for copied apps with little photshop..hahahuha ..so funny na

I am starting to hate google policies.
  5. virajith Active Member

Message Count:
    I still did not use any policies...etc but if this continues ...i might start protecting my stuff
    btw they should atleast ask me na..before using ...atleast i will be satisfied cuz they asked me before using.

really lwc made livewallpaper creation very simple..^_^
    Anyway i might experiment with water marks, stenography ...for proving :p...cool idea na? I might use in google apps for sure with lwc3
  6. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    I remember finding some wallpapers that used the exact same items that I used for our wallpapers. They were made with LWC as well. It was pretty funny at the time. They were just simple brush strokes in Photoshop, so it's not like I was spending hours making them. Nevertheless, it does kinda suck. I guess you could report the app for copyright infringement, since you directly created the content.
    Unfortunately, it's very easy to go into an APK and extract the pictures out of it. I'm not sure if anything can be done to protect them programmatically, but we'll always be looking out for a solution if there is one.

On a side note, can't you specify some sort of author metadata when you are creating the picture files?
    virajith likes this.
  7. virajith Active Member

Message Count:
    i can suggest security features for later versions of lwc ....like obfuscation of codes with proguard,watermarking items which are invisible etc .(i can help with this ),right even we can include metadata for pics

anyway i really think lwc ..might become a minimum standard for android lwps... :) (like photoshop for artists)
    also i am so excited about lwc 3 that i want to suggest even more useful features for future..like timeline,fullscreen mode,skins etc...cool na ^_^