What do you guys do for promotion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keen, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Keen Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    Hey guys, I noticed that some people here on the forum had some pretty good install rates on their lwps. I'm curious, what type of promotion do you do? Or do you just put it on google play and wait?
  2. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I have a website setup for my livewallpapers I also have a facebook page for them.

With that said though I also make demo videos of each one and upload them to youtube.

Out of the 3 I think youtube produces the most conversions for me.

If you want to see how I did the pages if your interested in those:

Www.emblwpdesign.com
    Www.facebook.com/embsmile
    Youtube user: eraste trahan

With anything the more you promote it the more people will become aware and download ( in theory).

I also use the in app promotion options with links to the website, etc.

The share with friend option in the settings menu is good to.
    Keen likes this.
  3. Keen Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    I had a chat with nicholas the leadbolt account manager. He mentioned that submitting to other stores may help a bit. And gave me this list:

[IMG]
    I'd imagine that if you submit to all of these you'd get a little more downloads I'd hope.:eek:
  4. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    I make good live wallpapers and people download them, that's my promotion method. You need to make what people want and the downloads will come. If your install rates are weak, so is your live wallpaper design. I refer you to my other numerous and lengthy threads about this.
    Joshua likes this.
  5. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    And as I said before about posting your stuff on anywhere BUT Google Play:

1. If you have to post your LWP anywhere else besides Play then it most likely sucks because it can't make it on Play (99.99% of time I'm right about that)

2. The people who post their stuff else where are really, really stupid and get scammed (Eraste is one of them, not the stupid part but the scammed part). Also, all copy protection is null and void on other places. Only Play can protect your content.

Play is not a money tree. You need to know what your doing and make stuff that people want, again, I invite you to read my other lengthy posts about this subject. They will really help you understand everything.
  6. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Furthermore, about your own special websites, they are a bad idea. I made one for my stuff, and I have over 800,000 daily users across all my applications, yet I only get 35 hits a day on my website. I have links in my settings menus and everything. People just don't care or don't trust outside sources. Don't waste the time.
  7. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    I think for free apps, Play is the best place to go. I've played with some other third-party markets before and most of the time it wasn't worth the time. You have to consider that your time is valuable. Do you spend it on uploading your app to third-party markets that may not yield a good result? Or do you spend it on making more wallpapers/improving existing ones? I would probably opt for the latter, unless I know for a fact that the other third-party markets will give me good results. So far it has not been the case for me.

This however does not apply to Chinese markets. I haven't published an app in China, but I hear that there is a lot of traffic. Logically, since Play is banned there, this would have to yield some decent results (assuming you localize it properly).

As far as promotion goes, I would suggest cross-promotion using your existing apps. Make videos and pretty feature graphics for your Play postings. I get a lot of views and subscriptions from youtube, but I think it's compounded with the traffic that comes in directly from Play. You could make a site for your wallpapers, but you have to realize that it would be another side project for you. You definitely shouldn't expect results overnight. The more work you put into it, the better.

The bottom line is that you should always consider how to make the best use of your time.
    stollo770 likes this.
  8. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    I was unaware that Play is banned in China. I knew that Google's search engine is filtered but I had no clue that Play is banned.
  9. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    hmmm it does however give the option to select China in price and distribution section.
    Edit: It might not be banned coz I pulled up a report from Google Play and my app has been installed in a country with initial CH(I'm assuming China)
  10. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    it might be Chile as well.
  11. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:

I think it is China coz I checked Leadbolt reports as well and I have impressions and clicks from China
  12. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    This might be a recent development. Though the Chinese mobile markets pre-Play are probably much more populated by now.