Ads vs no Ads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    I'm hoping real hard that they add it into 2.5. It'll be a while before they release another version update, and by then who knows what could happen. I'm hoping that in the time they have before the release, they figure a way to cram it in. Because the price is also going up to 70 bucks, and while the features they are adding sorta justify it, no one is going to pay extra for the same program with a couple extra bells a whistles. They really need to add major stuff to completely justify that increase. Because as I previously said, while this program freaking rules, its not competitive with lwp giants like kittehface software or dualboot. These are developers with some serious paid stuff, and serious free stuff. Both categories trump anything that can be made in lwc currently. So the only real way developers here can make money is in monetization through the sweet free version apps that lwc can make. So I'm hoping that Vas and his team can get it in, and market it as a major feature. And then, as I previously said, it'll be a super win.
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    With 2.5, developers will be able to make some serious stuff as well ;)
  3. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    I'm sure, I just hope you can squeeze ads in there too.
  4. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Me and a lot of other people.
  5. John Reed New Guy

Message Count:
    Hello, my name is John Reed. I own a small graphic design company and I am looking to expand into the android market. I am considering buying your program for use in my company, and I am quite impressed with the user feed back that I have read in this forum. I do however, wish to make money with this program, and this thread says that the current version of your program doesn't have a way to add in advertizements. I like the conversation by stollo770 and Jeremy-me but they both have not answered by question, so I'll just ask it outright: Will your next version update have a way to put advertizements in the settings menu or some where in live wallpapers. I feel that advertizements are extremely important to have in such a program and your answer will decide whether or not I will purchase this program.
  6. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Join the long list of hopeful developers my friend...
  7. John Reed New Guy

Message Count:
    I really hope the answer is yes. Otherwise whats the point of buying a program that doesn't let you use the market to its full potential. And I have a lot of colleague in this business who would be thrilled to have this program. But if it limits their potential then whats the point?
  8. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
  9. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    It is possible that we will add support for ads as a completely separate update after 2.5. We have not decided yet. However, to clear up any uncertainties, support for ads will not be in 2.5.
    Currently, we are focusing on getting 2.5 ready for release.

I can say that once support for ads will be introduced, you will be able to apply it to all of your existing projects. So don't hold off on any ideas that you might have brewing ;)
  10. Jerry-me New Guy

Message Count:
    I thought as much based on your and the other developers previous post but I just put 80% just in case there was an unknown factor I didn’t know but I do agree it would be better to finish the 2.5 version then possibly add it as a 2.6 version.

Overall I do think it would be pointless for more discussion about trying to push it’s released when it will eventually come out and even lesser to an extent to try to persuade them in getting it into the 2.5 version. Mostly because the thread keeps on going into circles and it’s going to lead with frustration and or disappointment in the end.

I do think what would be good if for them if the discussion would give them on ideas how to implement it to help their plan out and implement it in the future release. Based on their post it is still in the planning stages and a developer I do agree it would be better for the LWC team if you would help them out on how to implement it efficiently without possibly damaging the product brand or making the ads not annoying where they will keep the wallpaper. Overall I do suggest to lock this thread and create an add suggestion thread mostly due to the ads are actually going to be released.
  11. John Reed New Guy

Message Count:
    Thats unfortunate that ads are not going to be integrated into 2.5. Approximatley when do you think you will be ready to release the update that does? As time is a factor for me.
  12. ToolMasterFlex Administrator

Message Count:
    Stollo, you should be writing books man :) You make a few valid points. Thanks to your essays, we have looked much more seriously into this whole ad/no ad business. Rest assured, a solution to this problem will be implemented, it just might take some time. 2.5 is a huge release for us, but as mentioned before, it is unlikely that a workable solution would be included in that release. Most likely it will be an additional update, for people who want it, and definitely on top of the list once 2.5 is complete. Can't add a turbocharger on a car with no engine :) 2.5 will have a hell lot of horsepower. I'll get in trouble for this, but most likely ads will be in by April ( latest).
  13. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Thank you for the information and kind words! I'm sorry for the essays, there was just a lot of information/suggestions I needed to put out there. And I completely understand that you guys need time to build this feature into your program, and that you have little time to do it now because of your major release in a couple of months, which I am super excited for. You guys have built one of the best programs for the android user/developer that I have ever seen, and on top of that, you guys have one of the best communities that I have ever seen in a company. The rate of question returns from you guys is also amazing with quick, informed, confidant responses from the intelligent people behind the program on the same day a question is posted. I am glad that I took the time purchase your program. You guys are the real deal, and I cannot wait until the next (after 2.5) update release in April. Good luck building it.
  14. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Also, another bit of advice, I'd make the next release a full version upgrade, or a special thing that you guys charge extra for. I'd pay for it, and I'm betting everyone else will too. Just another way to make a little extra money for all your hard work.
  15. ToolMasterFlex Administrator

Message Count:
    Correction to my earlier post
    : We are working on the solution. Actual ad implementation is still unknown on the technical level. An Official Announcement will be made by April (latest) regarding this issue.
  16. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Sweet! Glad to hear that your working on it, and it will be implemented in the future. Good luck with your programing!
  17. Shyner Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    Yeah, as much as we all dislike adds it just seems like the way to go. Especially with all the amazing LWP's all ready at the minimum price point on the market. I was really hoping I could sell mine in the 0.50 range.

What I would do with the choice is put the adds in the "settings" screen, NO push notifications! So I make one full and free add supported version, and another full paid version with no adds. This seems like the absolute best format. I would love to integrate the "Tap for Tap" network into my LWP's. Currently, I think most of us are just "starving artists" right now, lol.
  18. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Hello new guy, let me put an end to your naive take on the market. You can't sell anything on the market for below $0.99. And no one will buy live wallpapers for $0.99. No one. That's why all the most popular wallpapers are free and are supported by either settings screen ads, or push ads. I do agree that settings screen ads are the way to go.
  19. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Trap for trap looks like a huge scam to me.