Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by Snow Fall, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Snow Fall Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    I've got a new mail from Google play team, where there are some restriction about icon and Notification ads. Is it mean that we can't use icon and Notification ads in our apps or LWP any more?? What about you guys......
    "
    • System Interference:
      • An app downloaded from Google Play (or its components or derivative elements) must not make changes to the user’s device outside of the app without the user’s knowledge and consent.
      • This includes behavior such as replacing or reordering the default presentation of apps, widgets, or the settings on the device. If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by uninstalling the app altogether.
      • Apps and their ads must not add homescreen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
      • Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app. (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
      • Apps must not encourage, incentivize, or mislead users into removing or disabling third-party apps except as part of a security service provided by the app.
    "
  2. sebastian Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    guys I have a very bad news, I just got this email from google that basically says that we can not put more applications with ads or notification icon .... absurd, some of you have any ideas? I believe that we must also share other store alternative names to play store between us so that we can enroll on other store store as a work and earn money from these other stores, Oth-erwise how you do it?
  3. Snow Fall Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    Yes, its a very bad news for me....:(
  4. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Oh, did Google update this recently?
  5. Snow Fall Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    Yes, have you got mail??
  6. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I haven't check my business e-mail in a few days but i imagine i will have that e-mail too.
  7. Snow Fall Keeps coming back

Message Count:
  8. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    I don't have idea what to do, which type of ads to use now....
  9. Jenn Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    So what are the list of ads and ad types we can use now?
  10. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    You can use the standard banners and interstitials in the settings activity (or splash activity if you have one). Otherwise, there are some floating ad units that various ad networks have a variation of.
    Check out MobileCore. They have interstitials and some floating ad units. The CPM is high for interstitials, as long as you can convert. Here's a referral link - www.mobilecore.com?ref=4DA49
    :)
  11. Jenn Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    Thanks, when will the new LiveWallpaper Creator 3.0 come out? Hopefully this month with easy ad implementation where all we need to is add ad id code - leadbolt, airpush, admob, etc. Also make splash screen option available. :D
    Joshua and sebastian like this.
  12. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Forget everyone else Vas, as long as it takes, we want an amazing product and that takes time so no rush, patience is a virtue.
  13. Why Not Game Hard New Guy

Message Count:
    I know this is a few month old thread but I've been researching a solution to the banning of push notification ads. Best alternative I have heard is a semi-transparent banner ad that floats on the background. Annoying to an extent but wouldn't that be an impression every time someone unlocks their phone? And also, for high quality wallpapers like many of the LWCs users seem to be producing, it would greatly incentivize the ad-free paid version of these wallpapers. Just sharing an idea.