IMPORTANT: Issue with New Android SDK

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by Vas, May 20, 2013.

1. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Hey guys. We just discovered that Google recently released an update to the Android SDK (Revisions 22 and 17). This update moves some important files around to different locations and folders. Because of this, the LWC building process is choking as it cannot find the files it needs. We are working on a fix, which will be released either today or tomorrow. For now, we advise not to update your Android SDK.
    NewKid and virajith like this.
  2. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    Good callout @Vas! I learned this early in the week as well when I went to reinstall on my computer after a format. If, like me, you don't have a choice but to have the newest SDK, you can fix it simply enough.

Download the Android 2.1 (API 7) just like normal. Also download android 4.2.2 (API 17). When you go to build your wallpaper, you should get an error about missing files. For me (and most likely for you) it was the aapt.exe file and the /lib/dx.jar file (both missing from the /platform-tools folder). If you go into the build-tools folder, you will find the android-4.2.2 folder (as long as you downloaded the API 17). Open that and inside you will find both the aapt.exe file and the /lib folder. Copy the aapt.exe file into the /platform-tools folder, then open the /lib folder and copy the dx.jar file into the platform-tools/lib folder. That's it, you should now be able to build wallpapers again. Alternatively, you could download the attached missing_files.zip and extract it inside your /sdk/platform-tools folder to add the missing files.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you, but it solved my problems. :)

Attached Files:

James Rebello and Maximus like this.