More features?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vas, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    What features would you like to see in the upcoming versions? We already have plans to implement animated GIFs, amongst other features, into the next version.

What feature do you think would be cool to have?
    Nudge likes this.
  2. ToolMasterFlex Administrator

Message Count:
    360 Degree Direction!
  3. Nudge New Guy

Message Count:
    Maybe some use with Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass to control the falling png files? or even so the png's can collide and move to another direction.
  4. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Item collision would be cool!
  5. Dwayne Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    It would be cool if you could set static items. Or Make an item static to an x or y plane. Then have it so you could move the item in the one plane. Like left and right for one setting. then use the tilt of the phone to move the item left and right. Then for the y have the same type of setting and move the item up and down by tilting the phone up and down.
    Also if you could set where items would be generated at their start. That way if you have a glass you want to make bubbles come out of you could place the start points inside the glass area. That way they look like they are coming from the glass itself. How about making it so we could do multible levels for the game. Being able to add sound to items would be awsome, for explosion and other things like maybe a them music. Make the phone vibrate for items when they are touched. Make it so we can choose where to put the score counter. Any of these would be a great adittion to the program. Which is a really good program already. ;)
  6. Jerry-me New Guy

Message Count:
    Hmm I guess an option to change the background by the options or based on events/interaction that comes from the top of my head for features.
  7. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    These are all awesome ideas!
  8. RyanXVII New Guy

Message Count:
    I would really like to be able to design my own icon/logo for the LWP instead of it creating one for me.
  9. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Thanks for posting this suggestion. Perhaps, this is something we can change in 2.5.
  10. Tokra New Guy

Message Count:
    Interaction based on time of day (for example: morning - graphics.1, afternoon - graphics.2, etc.)?
    or
    Timing-based graphics components. (for example: image.1 appears every X minutes only, etc.)?
    Sorry for my English, but I hope you understand me. :)
  11. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    Wow, the time-dependent feature is incredible. version 3? :rolleyes:
  12. Jerry-me New Guy

Message Count:
    Well continuing from the earlier post after more thought I guess scrolling or rotating backgrounds would be a good and maybe also using .jpg for animations. Another suggestion is to expand the item class to make it more flexible like a sprite class. An example would be to use the sprite to animate or interact based on the touch action or swap out based on the option.
  13. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    Jerry, those are some nice suggestions. Interactive behaviour and event based customizations are very lucrative topics. We've already considered some interactivity changes for the next release and a full revamp of interactivity settings will take place eventually. Also, a point/score keeping system has began to take root. We want to do more with that soon.

:D
  14. RyanXVII New Guy

Message Count:
    I had a thought today, notice how currently we have the option to do "up, down, left, and right" for direction of items? i was thinking at first, diagonals as well, but then it'd make more sense to do an integer system like 1 degree to 360 degree's or 359 lol for a very detailed customize.

i was also thinking if it would be possible to add a particle system attachment to the end of the items, so lets say a fireball flies across the screen, it can leave a trail of smoke or something similar.

rotating items while going a certain direction.

start degree and end degree? lets say you do implement the degree system, i can say item01 enters on 45 degrees and exits on 90degrees, i think that could be cool.

anyways, just some spontaneous idea's. just throwing them out there :)
  15. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Yea, that would be pretty awesome! Eventually, we want to be able to create custom paths for certain items, which is similar to what you describe, Ryan. We did discuss adding 360 direction to 2.5, but opted for a different feature instead. I think you guys will like it more ;)

Can't wait for 2.5 :D
  16. RyanXVII New Guy

Message Count:
    sounds awesome, can't wait either :)
  17. Tokra New Guy

Message Count:
    Can`t wait also...:)
  18. Tokra New Guy

Message Count:
    A new idea: Finger magnet :)
    if the user by clicking on screen, then the moving parts there are concentrated...
  19. RyanXVII New Guy

Message Count:
    Thought of one just now...
    for each item added, there can be a spawn percentage along with it that must equal 100%.
    so if item01 has a 20% chance of spawn over item02 with 80%, we'll see more of item02 than item01.
  20. Tokra New Guy

Message Count:
    Another option: Image layers with user control (on/off option per layer in LWP setup menĂ¼).
    An example