Slow the Pop Item state speed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by honuproductionsllc, Mar 1, 2013.

1. honuproductionsllc New Guy

Message Count:
    Love this app. Just a hacker at Java though -and after 50+ builds to test slowing down the Pop state (e.g. pop .png becomes a fortune ;) it scrolls too fast to read. Kindly, how did/do you slow down the dying state? It made sense to me to tinker somewhere here : Pop_Item.java, line 23: private int life = (test higher values?); // milliseconds .. and... line 68 : (255 * (1 - (this.age / this.life)))); (increase value?). ...Cheers.
  2. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Ive noticed changes to this dying state if I edit:
    Item.java
    line 18ish

Code (text):
    private static final long TIMER_DYING_STATE = 100; // milliseconds
    You would change the 100 to a higher or lower value.
  3. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    @honuproductionsllc I am not sure if you are trying to get the dying state (@Eraste provided the exact location for that) or if you are trying to increase the time the pop image/text shows on the screen. I myself am attempting to increase that (same issue of it disappearing faster than it can be read). I suspect you are attempting the same thing, and I am curious if you found a way to increase it. I'd also like to stop the pop state from floating upward and instead keep it in one place. I'm going to play around with it today and see if I can figure it out, but if you have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!
  4. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    To increase the pop image time you would have to increase the life of the pop_item. Haven't tried this but you can try increasing the life value in the void update() method in SBLiveWallpaper.java