What features would you like in a live wallpaper creator?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fando, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    I know this question was already posed, but much time has passed and it seems proper to reignite this discussion:

As experienced Android users, what do you think a proper live wallpaper creator should be able to do?
  2. TheShadow Active Member

Message Count:
    I would like to add water ripple effect in wallpaper,and on settings page i would like to add link of twitter, facebook and blog of developers along with recomended apps that's been published by the developer in play.since this is a third party software it would be best to integrate in-app purchase code.if i have any othere ideas i will let you know ;)

regards
  3. Justin New Guy

Message Count:
    I would like to be able to move items across the screen diagonally, not only up down left right. Items on screen to be able to rotate clockwise/counterclockwise. Also the background image to be able to change to a different image @ _blank_ amount of seconds.
    Thanks
  4. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I think it would be great to:
    1.- Choose background.
    2.- Choose between different colors
    3.- Have items in the back moving as you move the live wallpaper.
    4.- Let items move diagonally as Justin said.
    5.- New ways for the items to behave, not only moving across the screen.
  5. TheShadow Active Member

Message Count:
    hi,really excited to see new lwc.if you don't mind can you tell me the exact date of its release.btw another feature i like on lwc is ability to add multiple sounds.for eg if a wallpaper is based on forest . i would like to add animal sounds individually to each animal image. like wise for water, bubbles etc
  6. Jerry-me New Guy

Message Count:
    I would say more interaction and customization due to the fact that one ones that sell usually have these type of features. My other suggestions are mostly the exact same from the previous thread.
  7. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    Hmm, interesting suggestions ;)
  8. Mark In the know

Message Count:
    Make slideshows with items falling over?
  9. Fando Administrator

Message Count:

Excellent Idea ;)
  10. Brandon Ervin New Guy

Message Count:
    COLLADA would be nice and it's open source. Some kind of 3d skinned format with key frames so when you interact with the environment the focal model can animate based on set keys.
  11. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    What would really be nice is if you took your "Made with Live Wallpaper Creator :)" water mark out of our settings menus. I get that your trying to plug your software, but once we purchase it your advertising should not remain in it. I can tolerate it in lwc 2.1 because I can remove it in eclipse but since your not going to compile the source code in 3.0, it think it should be removed.

FYI, I really think that its silly to not release the source code for lwp's in 3.0. There are always apk de-compilers that do the same thing.
    billuk3 likes this.
  12. Brandon Ervin New Guy

Message Count:
    I noticed this when testing out the free version but thought it would be removed in the paid version. Having the "Made with Live Wallpaper Creator :)" in the settings menu makes the product look unprofessional when people purchase it on the marketplace. You should definitely dissociate any branding from purchased products. Perhaps I'll wait on this purchase and just dig a little deeper into coding for now.
  13. Friendlyspeaking Active Member

Message Count:
    Please test and add at least one or more opengl effects, like particles etc. I will pay for it :)