Very useful blog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vas, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Vas Origin

Message Count:
  2. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Looke like a great place to jump into now before everyone gets word and starts to move over. Guess there is really only 2 questions.

1. We need to translate our apps settings menus, etc into Mandarin
    2. How do we get our apps there!

Note 2 ftw
  3. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    I think these were the mentioned sites:

4. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    It's such a challenge just to register...
  5. Linda New Guy

Message Count:
    Hmm I registered with China Mobile just now to look around. I don't really feel comfortable uploading my photo ID yet so I haven't even gotten past the agreement signing process. Do other developer consoles require identity verification like that? :confused: Looks like our apps would also go through a review process similar to Apple which could take a few days according to their FAQ.

It would be interesting to hear how many others have tried and gotten any success from these markets in comparison to Google Play. Sounds like a nice opportunity.
    Also for anyone else that's struck with the language barrier - I think their English version is pretty helpful too. XD
    Vas and Maximus like this.
  6. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I haven't had to upload a photo id anywhere I have put my apps. That is kind of weird. I mean say a big developer like zynga uses them who's id do they upload lol.
  7. Linda New Guy

Message Count:
    They have individual and enterprise/company registration options. I registered as individual but it looks like they're asking the same type of thing for enterprise [example]
  8. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Ah the English version is definitely much better than using Google Translate. Didn't notice it!
    Just made an account. Seems that I can't add a new application until I fill out all the info they need for selling apps....even though I don't plan on selling them!

Marching on....
  9. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Couldn't sign up for China Telecom. Email hasn't arrived..yet at least. I noticed that the password doesn't get encrypted when clicking on the link to resend validation email. Discomforting!

Edit: Nevermind. It was in Spam :p
  10. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    OK. I realize I'm multi-posting, but it doesn't matter.

After trying to register for the 3 markets in that blogpost, I managed to register for China Mobile and China Unicom. They had English versions, so it was significantly easier (thanks @Linda). China Telecom had to be translate via Google, because I couldn't find an English version of the site. I got stuck on providing my ID, because it wouldn't accept my numbers for some reason. It's probably looking for some kind of Chinese ID, because later when I had to select location in the form, I could only pick Chinese provinces. So registration seems to be only local to China...or at least I couldn't figure it out.

The other 2 were pretty similar to each other. I signed their electronic agreements and now they are up for review. Just today, I got a reply from China Unicom, welcoming me to their portal and advising me on what to do next. I'll just paste most of it:

Since, I don't plan on selling my apps, I don't have to sign another contract. :)

So now I just have to localize some apps and throw them on the WO store. If they get approved, I'll finally have a decent idea of what it's like in China! Hurray! :D
    Linda and James Rebello like this.
  11. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    @Vas the explorer. Nice work.
  12. Linda New Guy

Message Count:
    Nice. Did you end up having to upload an ID on either China Mobile or China Unicom?
    Hope you can update us on the progress later~
  13. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Umm, yes I did. China knows what I look like :confused:

I still haven't gotten to translating my app to Chinese :(