Change Ads company - not loose users

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by Jovan, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    There is one question I ask myself, because I didn't find it here.
    Ok, I am using ads from one company. I would like to change ads to put ads of other company. My existing users have installation with ads of first company. How you can put ads of other company, but keep users who downloaded your application, who don't have application with new company ads?
    My idea is with some update code in androidmanifest, that existing users can get notification of update of wallpaper?
    Has anyone final solution?
  2. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    You just have to update your app with the new ad company's code and publish the new apk. Existing users will upgrade to the latest version. Also its best to add some features to your LWP so that users see that it is worth to upgrade
  3. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Ok James, but how do they know that there is update. Do I need to put in wallpaper some code which will sent the user announcement that there is update, because they will not know about update?!
  4. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    As James told you, I suggest you to not only update the app with the new ads company, also add something else so users would like to update the app.

To update the app in Google Play you just have to upload the new APK, but in order for it to tell users that there is an update, you have to change the 6th and 7th line in the manifest.

At the moment you must have something like this:
    The only thing you have to Change in the number in "versionCode" and the number in "versionName", for example:
    versionCode will tell you that is the 2nd version, but users will see the update as version 1.1 as what appears on Google Play is the versionName.

Hope this helps you ;)
  5. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    you just increment the version code by 1(important for updates and will not be shown to users) each time you update. Also change the version number (this is visible to users on Google Play). Also after making the changes on eclipse you have to sign the application and upload the new apk. Once the new apk is uploaded with the changed version code, Google Play will inform users of the update
  6. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    If I understand change version code and version name and users will get announcement like notification that there is update ?
    Thanks guys !