Settings screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vas, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    What do you want us to put in the wallpaper settings screen?
    The plan is to make these flexible by allowing you to enable or disable components that you want to appear in the settings.
    Additionally, we could implement different layouts for the settings.
    We're open to suggestions or mock-ups.
  2. sebastian Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I would put the ability to insert a background image, the ability to insert at least 4 buttons link (if with picture, the better ... or at least with an eye-catching graphics), and finally two buttons one for set and one for wallpaper setting...
    If you do not ask for much, I would put a sort of animated entry for the content of the page ....
    Finally, if you can make the best graphical settings page ...

:D I know I asked too many things :D
  3. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Are you referring to the screen where you either enter the settings or set the wallpaper, right after the wallpaper picker? If yes, not sure how much control we have over those buttons. If no, why would you need to have a button to enter settings in the settings o_O

I think the rest of the stuff is no problem. We could probably leave the decorating part to you. You'd plug in your own graphics for buttons and background.
    sebastian likes this.
  4. Linda New Guy

Message Count:
    I'm not sure what is already planned for the next release, but here's what I'd love:

I would like a setting to switch between items/groups on screen or toggle visibility of different groups of items on / off. For example, switch between falling cherry blossoms or leaves (or have both on if the user likes). It would be nice to show a little preview graphic beside the option as well.

I would like the promotion links to allow market:// links (right now LWC seemed to only allow http links which I manually change in Eclipse later).

A setting to change background images and ability to plug in our own settings background, opacity, colours, links, and button graphics would be great. :'D

Here's an example screen that I like. It also has a fixed header at the top showing the ad and a "full version" button which remains at the top when scrolling through the settings (and I wouldn't mind if it's a fixed footer either).

Looking forward to it. <:

Attached Files:

sebastian likes this.
  5. sebastian Seasoned Vet

Message Count:

Vas I talk abaut splash screen ( 2 botton: one setting, one set, other for link)
  6. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    More or less the preferences are the same like Linda . More options you put Vas the success will be guaranteed. This is a true fact.

Promotions links should be whith graphics(icons) too.In this way users will be able to see how it looks the promoted live wallpaper.
    Also it will be nice if we have the option to put more than 3 promotion links.
    sebastian likes this.