Live Wallpaper for Tablets

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Joshua, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I want to be able to have my live wallpaper featured on the designed for tablets list on the Google play store, but I noticed that LWC does not support this feature and only 2 dimensions is there any way I'd be able to make this feature available by any means?
  2. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    When you are filling the application details on Google Play, just add at least one picture in the 7-inch tablet part area or 10-inch that way your lwp will be listed in the tablet section
  3. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Yes, I have done so, but I get a bunch of uninstalls from tablet owners because the theme ends up looking like crap on their device. Is there any way I can get pass this? I am losing potential profit.
  4. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    My guess then is that your graphics and the background in your lwp should be improved (bigger resolution) so that it looks better
  5. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:

The background for my LWP is actually too big for my 7 inch tablet...
  6. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    There is no extensive tablet support for LWC wallpapers. From our brief testing, they worked just fine. However, we can't guarantee that they will work on all tablets.
  7. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Okay, Thank you.
  8. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I think it really depends on the device. I sometimes get users uninstalling because it doesn't work on their phone, and then I see that it's an Xperia Play, which is like this sideways landscape phone, so yea it won't work on it =\

Then again I also get users uninstalling because they say they can't find it in the app drawer :| Because it isn't in the app drawer, it's in the LWP picker. Bah
  9. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I just wish there was some way to fix this because I just uploaded a theme recently titled Dragon Ball Live Wallpaper and it already has 1,000 downloads but only half of the users have it on their devices, I have 7 crash reports.
  10. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Joshua get used because almost all the time you will have less users than downloads and that is normal. There are lot of reasons for that : some users do a factory reset of their phone and forget or dont want to install anymore yours or mines live wallpaper, some users get disapointed whith performance, also push notifications do their job too. Our duty is to do the best we cant :)
    Joshua likes this.
  11. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:

Yeah exactly, people that downloaded your app, and then uninstalled it because of whatever reason (found one they like more, decided not to use LWPs anymore, uninstalled it for some other reason) will still count towards your total downloads, but NOT your active users. Active users are those that have your app installed currently. Basically, the way your app grows is your daily installs vs uninstalls. If you have more installs than uninstalls, your total # of active users goes up. If you have more uninstalls, it goes down. Usually, an app tends to plateau at some point. This is the point where your average amount of daily installs = your average amount of daily uninstalls, meaning your # of active users doesn't go up or down, it plateaus. However, your # of downloads will continue to go up because you are still gaining new users (uninstalls do not decrease the # of your total downloads, only your active users). In this case, in order to break through the plateau, you gotta do something that will affect the rate of new installs. There are tonnes of things you can do, but usually the go-to move is to either update your app (put in some cool new feature to the LWP itself, maybe include a launcher icon to make it easier to find like some guys have done on the forums) or to advertise it. Gotta be careful though, some upgrades might not be well received! It's a very interesting game we play ;)
    alpharka and fatos like this.