Not smelly black garbage bags?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by dilaraprofi, Sep 19, 2022.

1. dilaraprofi New Guy

Message Count:
    I'm trying to find black garbage bags that can be used while camping for solar heating of bathing water. I would also use it to install gear so that it stays dry during the rains. I am going hiking/camping in bear country and am concerned that the bags I have been collecting for the past few years are scented. Even ordinary lawn and leaf bags seem to have this strong smell.

I'm looking for a 20-30 gallon tank with thicker plastic for durability and water retention without leakage through the holes. Has anyone there found any black odorless garbage bags that are sold in the store/online?
  2. Clodmiran New Guy

Message Count:
    Many have faced the same problem when searching for odorless garbage bags used for packaging liners.
  3. Doralbarel New Guy

Message Count:
    Not sure that plastic garbage bags are nice to use to store water, but you do. I would recommend using the bags made for construction sites. Such bags are durable and made of better materials that are more reliable and puncture-resistant. Not sure about the smell, you can call interplas.com and ask them about it. The last time I used contractor bags from this company, they weren’t smelly at all. Probably it’s because a better-quality plastic is used to make them. Construction site bags would also less probably melt in the sun and contaminate the water. But still, using plastic bags for heated water doesn’t sound good.