The door supplier refuses to provide information about the installer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by peterolfe, Sep 13, 2022.

1. peterolfe Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    I hope this is a simple question. we recently moved in and there was a problem with one of the double doors. I have warranty documents, and the information about the installer there is actually the door supplier. I contacted them and explained the problem, and they, in turn, contacted the manufacturer, who explained the reason why the installer did not perform the work according to their instructions. The vendor then told me that I would need to contact the installer, but I don't have any details about them, and asked them to provide me with this information. They came back saying that while they could do a little digging to find out, they are legally prohibited from doing so, given that I was not the one who bought the door and that the door is inherited.
    I understand that privacy laws have changed over time, but I would have thought they could have provided this information if there was a problem with the installation?
    Just for reference, I can't contact the original buyer.
    Thank you in advance!
  2. Fairdoub New Guy

Message Count:
    Take the "yellow pages", look at who locally buys and installs doors of this brand, probably there will not be so many of them.
  3. annasschools1 New Guy

Message Count:
    Unfortunately, they cannot provide you with those details because they are not entitled to do that. But I still think there is more they could do. I'm not a lawyer, but they could still provide you with some help on reparation or installation.
    And shouldn't the manufacturer do the warranty repair? When I installed new doors in my house, I also got the manufacturer's warranty for 5 years. You can Check This Out to find out more about the offer I got. Thankfully, the doors are still fine, and I didn't have to use that warranty. But it's still nice to know there is a warranty and you will get a new door if something happens.