What is a Portable Displays?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liveltekah, May 7, 2023.

1. Liveltekah Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Portable Displays are compact and lightweight electronic devices that can be easily carried around and used for various purposes. They come in various sizes and types, including LCD, LED, OLED, and e-ink displays. Portable displays are commonly used for presentations, gaming, video playback, and as secondary monitors for laptops and tablets. They are also popular among professionals who need to work on the go, such as designers, photographers, and architects. Some portable displays come with built-in batteries, while others require external power sources. With the increasing demand for mobile computing and the need for remote work, portable displays have become an essential tool for many people. Portable displays and stands are perfect for the active exhibitor who attends many shows while making the most of their budget. Skyline portable displays combine high-impact graphics with the ease of portable exhibits. Our portable displays deliver cost-conscious simplicity through lightweight structures that are easily set up, dismantled and refreshed.

We don’t usually pay much attention to portable displays here at Digital Trends, given their status as niche devices. Personally, I never gave them much thought, considering them a complication that would just get in the way when I’m working outside of my home office. The fact that many I’d seen were cheap, off-brand displays didn’t help.But then LG sent their newest portable display, the $350 gram +view IPS Portable Monitor, along with an LG Gram 16 2-in-1 that I was scheduled to review, and I had no choice but to give the display a try. The awkward name aside, I found it a surprisingly useful product that I’m strongly considering adding to my own stable of portable devices.